AWS re:Inforce Sessions
Management Tools Sessions
The AWS Management Tools team are hosting the following interactive builder sessions at AWS re:Inforce:
- FND323-R - Best practices for preventing data exposure
- FND324 - Secure interactive access to instances using Session Manager
- GRC320-R - Build an enterprise compliance management & remediation system on AWS
- GRC334 - Build an effective security compliance program that continuously evaluates and remediates your security posture
In order to complete these builder sessions, you will need a valid, usable AWS Account and an IAM user with full administrative permissions. We strongly recommend that you use a non-production AWS account for this workshop such as a training, sandbox or personal account.
Create an admin user
If you don't already have an AWS IAM user with administrative permissions, please use the following instructions to create one:
- Browse to the AWS IAM console.
- Click Users on the left navigation and then click Add User.
- Enter a User Name, check the checkbox for AWS Management Console access, enter a Custom Password, and click Next:Permissions.
- Click Attach existing policies directly, click the checkbox next to the AdministratorAccess, and click Next:review.
- Click Create User.
- Click Dashboard on the left navigation and use the IAM users sign-in link to login as the admin user you just created.
Add credits (Optional)
If you are doing this workshop as part of an AWS sponsored event, you may receive credits to cover the costs. Below are the instructions for entering the credits:
- Browse to the AWS Account Settings console.
- Enter the Promo Code you received (these will be handed out at the beginning of the workshop).
- Enter the Security Check and click Redeem.